Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My past with voting

Some how last week i read over this part of the assignment so its going up late, but either way for me this is the first time I will be voting. Originally I have never cared enough to vote mainly because I felt that my vote wouldn't really make a difference, and also because I never have really followed politics...even when I was suppose to for certain classes like AP Gov. But with good old Bush's contributions to the US as our president I have come to realize how my vote is an integral part in electing some one that has some sort of brain, and isn't on a power trip. This is my main reason for picking 18-24 year-old males as my demographic.

In the past voting campaigns like Vote or Die and Rock the vote have failed, or at least I think they have, and I am hoping that this project will succeed in communicating to varying audience that they need to vote

1 comment:

brockett said...

mike,
can you think of another instance in your life when something made you change your mind?

(i remember the exact moment when i decided to stop smoking, for example, and when i decided to quit this one job, and one night that i decided to break up with an old boyfriend, but i don't remember a singular moment that encouraged me to apply to graduate school. that was rather a change that happened over a long period of time.)

maybe your poster can change someone's mind, and encourage them to vote.